Are you a sucker for gummies, candy and all things sugar? Then you need to try these homemade Acai Kombucha Gummy Treats.
Made is the latest powerful superfood Acai, and the ‘immortal health elixir’ Kombucha, you can rest assured that your nourishing naturally even when you feel like indulging in something sweet.
I challenge you to make these treats and share them with your kids, friends, coworkers and family to show them that eating healthy tastes so darn good!
Naturally Nora Tips:
- I highly recommend using organic gelatin for this recipe, the one I used was GoBIO Organic Gelatin and found it at my local grocery store in the health food section. You will likely also find it at your local Health Food store.
- Get creative and have fun with using different molds to create fun, different shapes. Halloween is around the corner, this would be a great time to find some pumpkin, ghost or halloween type molds
- Feel free to change up the flavours and powders to make this delicious treat specific to your taste buds (for example: defrosted, purred mango or pineapple instead of strawberries).
- ½ cup organic gelatin powder
- 2 cups ginger Kombucha (can also use any fruit juice, with no added sugar)
- 1 cup defrosted strawberries, purred
- ¼ cup raw honey (Optional, to taste)
- 1 tsp acai powder
- TIP: It is helpful to have all ingredients ready to go before you begin, as the process requires quick access to ingredients for the best healthy gummy bears you've ever tasted.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, add kombucha and honey and mix well until warm. Wait until it starts to simmer (but not boil) and add purred fruit and acai powder and mix well until all ingredients are blended.
- Start sprinkling gelatin over the juice mixture while whisking. Continue doing this until all gelatin is incorporated and the mixture is smooth. NOTE: Don't add gelatin too quickly, as it will make it more difficult for gelatin to blend into the mixture. You can also replace your whisk for an immersion blender (although its not necessary), but does speed up the process.
- After the mixture is smooth, pour into your gummy bear molds and place in the fridge or freezer until hardened. (Fridge takes about 20-30 minutes, freezer takes about 10 minutes). Once gummies have hardened, removed from the mold and enjoy immediately, or store in a tightly sealed mason jar in the fridge for up to 1-week for maximum freshness.