As a chocolate lover & holistic nutritionist, I go out of my way to discover incredibly tasting, nutrient dense recipes that resemble the flavours and tastes of my childhood palette. Chocolate pudding was one of my favourite snacks as a youngster, as it was easy to grab & go, fulfilled my sweet tooth and melted in my mouth with every spoonful. I was stoked when I found a raw, healthy alternative!
This raw chocolate avocado pudding is full of fibre, protein and fat, to help give you sustained energy, all while simultaneously cleaning your digestive tract. With a 2 minute prep time, this can be consumed for breakfast, as a snack or an after dinner dessert.
Naturally Nora Tips
Lucuma is a low glycemic root vegetable that resembles the taste of maple syrup and is extremely high in potassium and fiber.
- 1 large ripe avocado (fresh from the fridge
- ⅓ cup unsweetened dairy milk alternative (I use coconut or flax milk)
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder (brand preference is Organic Traditions or Giddy YoYo)
- ⅓ tsp vanilla extract
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of sea or Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp of raw honey
- (Honey Substitute) 1 tsp lucuma powder with 3-5 drops of liquid stevia for a sugar free alternative
- Remove the skin and pit of your ripe avocado and place it into a small food processor or small blender (I don’t use my Vitamix for this recipe, as I find I loose too much pudding at the bottom of the blender – my blender of choice is the magic bullet)
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Garnish with your favourite berries!
- Some other great toppings include shredded coconut, cacao nibs and hemp seeds