There is nothing more nutritious and refreshing than an ice-cold, cucumber smoothie in the summer months. With temperatures reaching up to the mid 40’s, coupled with the high humidex, our bodies naturally cool off by sweating. Inevitably, this leads to dehydration.
Cucumbers contain lots of water, a whopping 95%! They not only keep you hydrated, but they also help fight inflammation and freshen your breath by ‘cooling’ the contents of your stomach.
This cooling summer smoothie recipe is featured in my Smoothie with the Seasons eGuide. For healthy, nutritional smoothies that keep your immune system strong all year round, click here! Inquire within at email@example.com for your promo code to get the Smoothie Lovers discount.
Here are some tips on the best ways to consume this smoothie!
Naturally Nora Tips:
- Having trouble with your bowel movements? Cucumber skin contains insoluble fibre which helps bulk your stool. Consume this smoothie when you first wake up to kick start your bowels for the day.
- Struggling with acid reflux? Consuming this smoothie can help suppress acute symptoms by temporarily raising the stomach’s pH due to it’s high water content
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 1⁄2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 mint leaf (alter for desired taste)
- Handful of spinach
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Consume immediately or store in a tightly sealed mason jar in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- If consuming at a later time, shake thoroughly prior to consumption.