As the days get colder and shorter, our bodies naturally begin to crave warming, hearty foods to prepare our bodies for the winter months. Shrubbery is wrapped, summer toys are put away, and snow tires are being installed. Hats, mitts, boots and scarves are out, ready for use, but are YOU ready? Are you taking the necessary precautions to build your immune system to fight off the seasonal cold and flu? Well, I’ve got a delicious immune boosting drink to help launch you into winter.
The three staple ingredients include:
- Camu camu powder (just 1 tsp) provides approximately 14 times the recommended dietary intake of vitamin C. Thirty pounds of berries make just one pound of powder, therefore, it’s an extremely concentrated source of the body’s most protective vitamin in the winter months.
- Turmeric powder is one of nature’s most powerful anti-inflammatory foods due to it’s compound known as curcumin. It also helps cleanse the liver, reducing your overall toxic load.
- Ginger root is a root vegetable that is highly concentrated with an immune boosting mineral zinc, heals the gut and warms the body from the inside out.
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 tsp camu camu powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 thumb size knob of raw organic ginger root (if not organic, must peel)
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- 1 heaping tsp of almond butter
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth
- Pour blender contents into a pot on the stove
- Turn on medium heat and let your milk heat up, removing just before it comes to a boil
- Enjoy as your morning pick me up, an afternoon snack or as your comfort food snack before bed