This brain boosting and gut healing salad is perfect for a hot summer, or cool fall day. The mango and ginger mix the sweet and spicy flavours that can either cool you down or warm you up, depending on when its consumed. Mangoes are packed with vitamin B6, which is essential for maintaining, if not improving, brain function. Vitamin B6 and other B vitamins are crucial for maintaining healthy brain neurotransmitters and also help in supporting a healthy mood as well as healthy sleep patterns.
- Enjoy on it’s own as a light snack
- Pair with your favourite protein for a satiating meal at lunch
- Consume as a side salad for dinner, paired with some brown Basmati rice and The Best Ground Meat
- SALAD INGREDIENTS:
- 5 oz. (5 cups) mixed baby greens
- 1 mango, cubed
- 2 Tbs. lightly toasted sesame seeds
- DRESSING INGREDIENTS:
- 1-1/2 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped shallot
- 2 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp. thinly sliced mint leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- ⅓ cup plain full fat yogurt
- 1 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, shallot, ginger, mint, ⅛ tsp. salt, and a few grinds of pepper.
- Stir in the yogurt and olive oil.
- In a large bowl, season the greens and cucumbers with a pinch of salt and a few grinds of pepper and toss with enough dressing to lightly coat. Toss with the sesame seeds and serve.