Get rid of your food processor, cooking utensils and don’t even go near the oven. All you need are your ingredients, mixing bowl, parchment paper, baking sheet, and your own two hands to complete this recipe. This raw, vegan snack or dessert is filled with nutrient dense ingredients to keep you satisfied for hours. The 2 staple ingredients include almonds; almond meal and almond/hazelnut butter. Almonds provide your body with the mineral phosphorus. Phosphorus is needed to help shuttle calcium to the bones, so enjoy almonds as you simultaneously strengthen your bones and teeth.
With a prep time of only 15 minutes, you can whip up this recipe for a last minute gathering, a late night snack or healthy dessert.
Naturally Nora Tips
Pair with a crisp glass of Nora’s Nut Milk!
- 1 cup almond/hazelnut butter
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp pure vanilla extract1
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup gogi berries
- ¼ cup chopped unsulpherized dried apricots (or any other unsulphurized dried fruit)
- 3 tsp cacao nibs
- Pinch of sea salt
- Stir together almond/hazelnut butter, maple syrup, coconut nectar, vanilla extra and salt into mixing bowl
- Add almond meal, gogi berries, dried apricots, chopped walnuts, cacao nibs and mix well
- Grab approximately 1 tbsp of dough into your hands, and squeeze in your hands tossing back and forth between right and left until all contents are nicely squished together
- Then flatten in between both palms into a toonie size shape
- Place onto a tray lined with parchment paper
- Chill in fridge or freeze for an hour to firm up, then serve!