This kind of apple a day will definitely keep the doctor away! I stumbled upon this health tonic vinegar recipe about two years ago from the Wellness Mama, and have ‘brewing’ batch after batch ever since. It is now one of my household essentials. I not only use this for edible consumption, but also as a topical anti-microbial for both my body and my home. The base of this health tonic is Apple Cider Vinegar, one of nature’s most versatile natural health remedies. If you haven’t already heard the buzz about it, I’m excited to share with you.
Check out my blog post for all of your different CONSUMPTION OPTIONS!
- 32oz unpasteurized apple cider vinegar (with the mother)
- 2 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp dried sage
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- 2 tbsp dried lavender (optional)
- 6 cloves of minced garlic
- Place all dried herbs and minced garlic in a large glass jar (I just use the half gallon apple cider vinegar jug, but usually need to pour out about 8-10oz of ACV to ensure the herbs and garlic fit without overflowing)
- Add apple cider vinegar back to the jar with the dried herbs and garlic and mix well.
- Seal the lid tightly. Note: if you are using a container that has a metal lid, put a plastic lining between the lid and the jug as the vinegar is strong enough to corrode some metal lids.
- Leave in a cool, dark place for up to 8-weeks. Shake every couple days if possible.
- After 8 weeks, strain the herbs and garlic (throw them away) and store your tonic in smaller glass jars for easy access and use.